Thursday, March 15, 2012

This Past week I visited the Kid's school Tuesday and Wednesday and sat in middle class, and top class while they were taking their mid-term exams.  I taught them the Tarzan song and they all the kids loved it, even though they can't hear all the words because of my accent. Next week, I'll have to visit the other classes and see what they are learning about.  Yesterday I went with Mama Sara to visit another Orphanage down the road, This was the orphanage she stayed at when she first came to Uganda! This Orphanage does some of the schooling right at the home, and they need extra help teaching, so me, an elementary teacher Major, I'll visit about once a week to help teach P4, which is third grade level! Perfect practice Huh!!  Today I think I'm going to go bake a cake for the staff and kids!! Yum Cake!!

The other night was such a beautiful night, before I went to sleep I laid my blanket on the balcony and stared up at the stars, just to meditate on all the beauty God has given us.  And remember that each star in the sky I see can is for a blessing God has Given us. We have so much to be thankful for... each and everyone of us.

Unfortunately, yesterday I tried to use my computer, but somewhere between where it plugs into the computer and where it plugs into the outlet, isn't connecting right.  So my computer has no power! :(  I do have access to the ministry desktop, but this most likely means that I won't be on as much to report on my adventures, and can't download my pictures onto my computer and upload them or all to see! -I'm sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment