Thursday, February 16, 2012

Hello Again!

I've been visiting Bemidji this week, and last night I even got to go to youth group again.  It was so good to be back in town and hanging out with friends and the high schoolers again!
During youth group, we watched a promotion video for another mission trip that the high schools have a chance to go on for a weekend M.O.V.E. During that video was playing this song by Tim Hughes- God of Justice (We Must Go.)  I remembered that this was one of the songs that spoke to me when I was deciding to go on this mission trip to Uganda.  Especially the part where it says, "keep us from just singing, move us into action..."   It is so easy to just sing words on the page, and even in the mist of worship we believe what we are singing- but as soon as the song is done then we forget about what we where just singing about.  I don't know if that happens to a lot of people, but I know I'm sometimes guilty of just getting caught in the worship songs only when I'm singing them.  That is what I want to avoid, I don't think it is right that we can sing a song so passionately during worship time, and then when worship is done we go live our normal lives in our little bubbles of christian community, were nothing bad could happen to us!

I know that we are not all called to go overseas to serve, and we don't have to travel so far to feed the hungry, or stand beside the broken... because they are all around us! But we are called to Move Forward and make a difference to those who need it most.  Matthew 25:40 "I tell you the truth, whatever you did for the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me."



I just felt like I needed to share that with you all! I hope you enjoy the song!

No comments:

Post a Comment